Thanks for your interest in the cookie recipe. If you’ve read any of the books you know citizens of Queensbay can’t get enough of their favorite cookies from the Golden Pear, Darby Reese’s cafe. So here it is – the better than you know what chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose our
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped or bittersweet chocolate chips (try Ghiardelli)
- Flaky sea salt or Maldon
- How to Make It
Step 1 Preheat oven to 450°.
- Step 2 Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Step 3 Beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed, occasionally scraping down sides of the bowl, until light and fluffy,2-3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until pale, 4-5 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add flour mixture until just blended. Fold in chocolate chunks using a rubber spatula.
- Step 4 – Scoop dough into even portions (2 tablespoon seach) and arrange 2 inches apart on 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets (maximum of 6 cookies per sheet). Sprinkle cookies with flaky salt and refrigerate sheets until
dough is cool to touch, 10 minutes.
- Step 5 Bake at 450°, rotating baking sheets halfway through cooking, until just golden brown around the edges, 6-7 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat process with remaining